Welcome to Casa das Oliveiras
Bed and Breakfast in the Algarve Countryside
Casa das Oliveiras is a small, family-run guesthouse, licensed by the Municipality of Silves, in the heart of the Algarve, in southern Portugal. It stands in a quiet rural setting, with orange groves all around, and yet is only a short drive from some of the region’s finest small beaches, from the old Moorish city of Silves and from the town of Lagoa. The guesthouse is an ideal spot to unwind, where you can come and go as you please, and spend leisurely hours reading, relaxing by the pool or generally having fun. Our inland location means that we are away from the crowds during the peak holiday times, and yet still close to the most popular places; there is also plenty to explore in the immediate neighbourhood, while both the west coast and the Spanish border are within easy reach for a day’s outing using the nearby A22 motorway.
Special Offers & News
How we are operating at present
Casa das Oliveiras is open for business; the following are the main changes we have made to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- In line with Portuguese law, masks must be worn in communal areas inside the property; hand sanitizer must be used frequently and social distancing maintained between different groups of guests;
- We have reduced our capacity to a maximum of 6 guests and 3 rooms; we are leaving a gap of 4 days between room reservations;
- Guests have access to their room, the terrace and the pool; the reception, guest lounge/breakfast room and kitchenette are closed, but there is a fridge in the hall, and a kettle etc. in each room;
- Bedrooms are not cleaned during a guest's stay, but extra sheets, towels etc. are available as normal. Communal areas are disinfected regularly;
- Individual breakfasts are served at an outside table; breakfast may be slightly simpler than in normal times.
Please contact us for further details of our procedures.
The house is surrounded by an ample garden with old olive trees all around, as well as cork oaks, carob and other fruit trees. The five guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, are in a self-contained part of the house where there is also a spacious living/breakfast room and a small kitchen corner where guests can prepare light meals and snacks. Whenever the weather is nice (which is most of the time), we serve our substantial breakfast on the terrace.
Your hosts Bill and Isa have been running Casa das Oliveiras since 2003 and it attracts people of many different nationalities. We know our way round the Algarve very well, both speak Portuguese and English (and other languages) and are more than happy to share our knowledge of the region with guests, giving good local tips about places to visit and places to eat, as well as all sorts of practical matters.
We aim to provide comfortable accommodation at reasonable prices, and excellent, friendly service. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything you would like to know more about.
We hope we can welcome you to our guesthouse soon!